IT Operations Analyst
The SWARM Operations (Ops) Analyst will be a part of a global team that delivers networking, compute, storage, and collaboration capabilities for Koch Industries. Koch Industries is a privately held global organization with over 120,000 employees around the world, with subsidiaries involved in manufacturing, trading, and investments. Koch Business Solutions India Pvt Ltd. (KTC) is being developed in India to extend its IT operations, as well as act as a hub for innovation in the IT function. As KTC rapidly scales up its operations in India, it's employees will get opportunities to carve out a career path for themselves within the organization. This role will have the opportunity to join on the ground floor and will play a critical part in helping build out the Koch Technology Center (KTC) over the next several years. Working closely with global colleagues would provide significant global exposure to the employees.
The Operations Analyst will report to the Operations SWARM Team Lead of the KTC and will be part of a global team that is the first line of response for all server and WAN escalations. The Operations Analyst will work with colleagues towards resolving complex issues with innovative and efficient solutions. The Operations Analyst is expected to work with third party providers, monitor performance, troubleshoot, and provide a superior client experience. Through monitoring and troubleshooting, the Operations Analyst will develop knowledge of the Koch Industries environment, 3rd party providers, monitor performance, troubleshoot, and provide a superior client experience.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working in a large-scale networking environment under minimal supervision performing tasks per predefined documented procedures
- Working with third party vendors both during routine deployment and outages providing first level troubleshooting and problem resolution including defined escalation processes
- Ensuring escalations are handled in a professional, consistent, and relentless manner
- Handling application job monitoring and restarts utilizing multiple job scheduling software systems
- Documenting, tracking and monitoring various platform issues including environmental and access to data centers
- Working in a small team environment interfacing with multiple companies, customers, locations and time zones
- Engaging in opportunities to expand on existing skillset in attempt to increase knowledge and reduce learning curves
- Configuring, monitoring, and maintaining managed physical and virtual server farms and system performance using standard tools (Logic Monitor,
- Automox and BigFix), creating baselines, planning capacity, and tuning systems to achieve business required reliability and performance
- Collaborating with internal Koch customers, vendors, and other IT teams to provide server support and consultation
The Experience You Will Bring
- Fluency in English
- Prior networking experience
- Experience working with complex enterprise WAN/LAN/Wireless environments, including the following topologies and protocols: BGP, OSPF, HSRP, STP, Access Point basic knowledge.
- Experience with the administration and troubleshooting of large enterprise networks or large managed service provider network
- Good Communication skills. Coordinate with Customers or other teams to resolve day to day L1 issues.
- Good if candidate have experience with Ansible, PowerShell, Python, Chef, APIs
- Experience with Active Directory and IAM roles
- Storage administration experience with HPE 3PAR and Nimble
- Experience with Enterprise backup & recovery software including Micro Focus Data Protector, Commvault and CPM.
- Experience with AWS, VMWare and HyperV.
- Experience with Linux.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology
- Proven experience in supporting a network environment
- Experience working with ticketing systems (ie; Service Now)
- Experience working with network monitoring tools