IT Operations Analyst
The SWARM Operations (Ops) Analyst will be a part of a global team that delivers networking, compute, storage, and collaboration capabilities for Koch Industries. Koch Industries is a privately held global organization with over 120,000 employees around the world, with subsidiaries involved in manufacturing, trading, and investments. Koch Business Solutions India Pvt Ltd. (KTC) is being developed in India to extend its IT operations, as well as act as a hub for innovation in the IT function. As KTC rapidly scales up its operations in India, it's employees will get opportunities to carve out a career path for themselves within the organization. This role will have the opportunity to join on the ground floor and will play a critical part in helping build out the Koch Technology Center (KTC) over the next several years. Working closely with global colleagues would provide significant global exposure to the employees.
The Operations Analyst will report to the Operations SWARM Team Lead of the KTC and will be part of a global team that is the first line of response for all server and WAN escalations. The Operations Analyst will work with colleagues towards resolving complex issues with innovative and efficient solutions. The Operations Analyst is expected to work with third party providers, monitor performance, troubleshoot, and provide a superior client experience. Through monitoring and troubleshooting, the Operations Analyst will develop knowledge of the Koch Industries environment, 3rd party providers, monitor performance, troubleshoot, and provide a superior client experience.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Configuring, monitoring, and maintaining managed physical and virtual server farms and system performance using standard tools (Logic Monitor, Automox and BigFix), creating baselines, planning capacity, and tuning systems to achieve business required reliability and performance
- Collaborating with internal Koch customers, vendors, and other IT teams to provide server support and consultation
- Monitor WAN health and react to alerts in a timely manner
- Issue concise WAN DCC notifications to customers for each outage
- Coordinate with Internet Service Providers/3rd party suppliers on escalations and standard maintenance.
- Collaborating with internal Koch customers, vendors, and other IT teams to provide network support and consultation
- Timely responding to ITSM tickets assigned to the Team’s resolver queue and notifications received to meet business SLA's
- Monitor and maintain Operations/NOC Mailbox and timely respond as needed
- Embrace Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) by understanding the methodology and the supporting practices.
- Promote and utilize the “Stop, Think & Ask” if unsure of a policy or procedure
- Use MBM Framework to look for improvement opportunities and applying the challenge process where appropriate. Drive customer feedback to resolution with the aid of MBM principles.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Fluency in English;
- Experience with Active Directory and IAM roles
- Storage administration experience with HPE 3PAR and Nimble
- Experience with Enterprise backup & recovery software including Micro Focus Data Protector, Commvault and CPM.
- Experience with AWS, VMWare and HyperV.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience in Managing, Monitoring, and troubleshooting Cisco WAN/SDWAN, LAN, and WLAN in an enterprise environment
- Experience with Managing, Monitoring, and troubleshooting Meraki LAN and WLAN in an enterprise environment
- Aptitude to recognize opportunities for automation of optimization & innovation.
- Basic Understanding of ITIL framework
- Experience in working with ITIL based incident management tool.
- Automation/Scripting experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology
- Proven experience working with MS Windows 2012/2016/2019 system administration
- Knowledge of server virtualization, SAN and general storage environments
- Proven experience in networking experience (TCPIP, Switching, Routing, Wireless)
- Working knowledge of Logic Monitor or other server alerting systems
- Experience working with ITIL based systems (ie; Service Now)