Senior Business Analyst
Koch Business Solutions is seeking a dynamic and proactive individual accountable for accurate and timely invoice resolution, impacting payments for the Global Business Systems (GBS) Regional Hub. This individual will make decisions and/or resolve issues based on analysis of information and precedence, as well as execute job responsibilities independently without daily supervision or higher-level approval.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Works with other departments and directly with vendors to resolve advanced accounts payable related disputes and discrepancies.
- Acts as first point of escalation contact for invoice discrepancy resolution. Has the authority to make decisions on how to resolve discrepancies without input from GBS Regional Hub Leader.
- Communicates to the plants and related personnel as to AP items which are resting with them pending discrepancy resolution. In conjunction of this communication, troubleshooting issues with Non-AP personnel is performed to ensure items routed outside the AP department are acted upon timely.
- Prepares data 1099/1042 information to vendors and supplies data to KBS for completion of governmental filings.
- Coordinates the data collection and performs the research required to resolve any unclaimed property related items. Validates items prior to preparing the state filings. Ensures filings are completed on time to prevent fines and possible unclaimed property audits from the various states.
- Acts as P2P business partner supporting America’s procurement team. First escalation point when support is not received from BPO provider.
- Completes testing of system changes and provides hands on experience knowledge when dealing with any research for possible system/process changes.
- Understand, support and contribute to Market Based Management (MBM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Train and support America’s procurement organization with regards to accounts payable activities.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Strong familiarity with MS Office, SAP and the AP processing tool VIM (Vendor Invoice Management).
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal necessary for professional interactions with both external and internal contacts.
- Detail oriented Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze issues and resolve them appropriately.
- Proficient knowledge of unclaimed property regulations/processes.
- Proficient knowledge level of tax rules as they apply to Accounts Payable functions.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate's degree in business, finance or accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in a high-volume environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or accounting or equivalent work experience.
- SAP accounts payable experience.