Flint Hills Resources Pipeline and Terminals is looking for an Inspector/Construction Manager to join our Operations Group in Texas. This position will be responsible for on-site support at refined fuels terminals throughout Texas and our crude pipeline stations. In this role you will ensure jobsite safety, environmental stewardship, coordination of contractors, and mechanical integrity of installed equipment. This position works directly on site with contractor crews to review and mitigate risks in the performance of work and is responsible for execution of projects within EH&S, Schedule, Financial, Inspection and Quality goals.
- Texas Pipeline 1 & 2 (Delmita, TX to Ft. Worth, TX
- Ten fuel Terminals along TPL 1 & 2
- Texas Crude Pipelines (Ingleside, TX to Helena, TX)
- 12 Crude assets strategically throughout
- Texas Corpus Christi Interconnects
A day in the life includes:
- Execute project plans developed by the FHR Projects Group to ensure all work is performed in a safe, environmentally compliant, and cost-efficient method.
- Responsible for the cleaning, inspection, and repair of storage tanks.
- Develop detailed written plans and procedures that focus on "how" the site work will be executed utilizing construction and industry knowledge.
- Administer safe work permits to contractors daily to clearly set expectations for mitigating the risks involved in the scheduled work activities.
- Issue project turnover documentation in a timely manner, including red-lined drawings, OQ management, inspection records, and change requests.
- Provide quality control (QC) oversight throughout construction to ensure that project drawings and specifications are met.
- Interface with the project team, contractors and ad-hoc personnel to deliver a high-quality project that fully meets the business objectives.
The Experience You Will Bring:
- 3+ years of experience in a role responsible for project planning, job site safety management, contractor coordination and oversight in an industrial setting.
- Experience with API 650 tank construction and all phases of API 653 Out of Service inspection projects to include tank cleaning, inspection, and repairs
- Computer knowledge (specifically the ability to use Microsoft Office 365 Tools)
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to travel at least 80% of the time including nights, weekends, and holidays
What will put you ahead:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering, construction management, or a related field
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector
- API 653 Certification
- API 1169 Pipeline certification
- Experience with inspecting and applying industrial coatings & linings
- Experience and knowledge of excavation standards and requirements
- 5+ years of experience in a role responsible for project planning, job site safety management, contractor coordination and oversight preferably in an industrial setting
- This position has the following physical requirements: the ability to negotiate in, or and around piping at both grade level and above grade elevations; the ability to navigate vertical ladders and spiral tank stairs to reach work areas; the ability to enter into confined spaces through 24" diameter manways; the ability to tolerate scents common to fuels and crude loading and maintenance related activities such as welding, painting, and tank cleaning.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf