Advanced Process Controls Engineer/Leader
This job posting is no longer active.
Global Data & Analytics Group is a cross-functional team within the Process Research group at Guardian Glass. We are on the front lines of projects that impact the operations and business of Guardian Industries manufacturing assets. We employ Machine Learning, Artificial intelligence, Optimization, Process Engineering, and IoT technologies to improve efficiency of Guardian’s manufacturing processes. Examples of the challenges our group tackle are opportunities to optimize the existing operations, work closely with process research and operations teams to determine what process settings drive certain manufacturing results and to improve operations or predict future behaviors of product as it moves through the manufacturing. GD&A group is that focuses on applying advanced quantitative methods to solve a wide variety of challenging operations problems.
Guardian Industries has an immediate need for an Advanced Process Controls Engineer/Leader opportunity. Ideally, this role could be based out of Carleton, MI, but also has upside to be hybrid/remote based with expected travel to our plants and Science & Technology Center in Carleton, MI. The Advance Process Controls Engineer/Leader position creates value by being dedicated to accelerating the deployment and sustaining value from process control improvements, some of which may include:
- Optimizing existing tools and infrastructure (base case) by identifying and deploying process control improvements using tools such as loop tuning, situation awareness, advanced process control applications, alarm management systems, etc.
- Continuously evaluating the portfolio of process control improvements at our sites, prioritizing the opportunities, and influencing sites to invest in high value opportunities.
- Improve collaboration between large sites with expertise and small sites to create a viable, internal support structure to sustain value from process control improvements
- Explore new technology and share lessons learned where appropriate to continually innovate in areas of
- automation and data analytics
What You Will Do In Your Role
- A successful candidate will achieve this by working with Guardian sites to identify, prioritize, implement and sustain value from the application of advanced process control technology; standardize best practices in process control and automation and advance automation innovation across sites.
- Roll-out and standardization of automation technologies and tools
- Work with Guardian sites to advance the use of automation tools including but not limited to alarm management/rationalization, control loop tuning, situation awareness, etc.
- Ensure that best practices are implemented with utilization of automation tools
- Leverage learnings within Guardian to capture sustainable value
- Measures: (1) Site leaders and key site resources have clear understanding of vision of a better state. (2) Development, tracking and utilization of key performance indicators (KPIs) measure health of process control systems at sites across Guardian.
- Advanced process control implementation
- Utilize the APC Roadmap to lead Guardian in leveraging APC tools in more areas and more plants
- Use key metrics to track implementation progress and assist sites in advancing plans by identifying constraints and eliminating barriers
- Develop management processes within site process control capabilities to enable deployment and sustainability of process control improvements.
- Measures: (1) Lower operating cost and/or reduced variation,(2) Deployment of APC projects at Guardian sites per site bets, (3) Sustainability of value from existing APC applications.
- Seek to understand disruptive innovations in automation technologies.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional groups (operations, reliability, R&D, supply chain) to understand key drivers of innovation.
- Measures: (1) Improved measurement systems within our manufacturing processes,(2) Process control improvements resulting in stable base operation, reduced unplanned events.
- Process control talent succession plan
- Provide a toolbox to share process control knowledge and train the next generation of experts.
- Review talent across Guardian and facilitate succession planning.
- Leverage software and service providers to provide mentoring opportunities and technology training.
- Engage with internal customers - operations teams and process SME’s - to leverage your critical thinking skills to pilot and apply APC solutions.
- Research and implement APC techniques and move from proof of concept to minimum viable product efficiently.
- Leading and working on multiple projects at the same time and switching priorities as the business needs require.
- Applying Koch Industries Decision-Making Framework (DMF) process
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in refinery or chemical process engineering and process control, including identification and implementation of process control improvement projects
- Multi-variable controller experience
- Experience with PCS, DCS, SIS, PLC and/or HMI programming experience
- Change Management experience to include owning and sustaining compliance and management systems
- Willing & able to travel up to 20% of the time as business needs permit
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering or Data Science
- Building, maintaining and deploying advanced process control models
- Experience leading teams and collaborating with the cross-functional groups
- Experience in process operations analytics and manufacturing optimization
- Knowledge of machine learning and deep learning tools and models
- Experience with OsiSoft PI ecosystem
For this role, we anticipate paying $110,000 - $210,000 per year with a competitive 401K and benefits package.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.