Senior Financial Analyst – Lumber Division S&OP and Optimization (Home Based)
If you are a Financial Analyst with an entrepreneurial mindset, looking to grow your career and interact with all aspects of our Building Products division this is a great opportunity for you!
Georgia-Pacific, LLC is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst – Lumber Division S&OP and Optimization [IBP]. This position is responsible for identification, analysis, and implementation of business improvement opportunities, with a focus on bottom line benefits and steps for change. More than just accumulating, organization, and presenting data, candidates for this role will need to display prior success in both analytical and deductive reasoning skill sets leading to improved business performance. Team members in this role will collaborate with all parts of the business supply chain of the lumber division. This position will work closely with the raw material wood procurement group, lumber manufacturing operations, as well as the sales and marketing team. This role is flexible in allowing up to 100% remote work from home capability.
Georgia-Pacific LLC is one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, building products and related chemicals. You may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day. Georgia-Pacific is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. the largest privately held company in the United States. We are always interested in talented individuals, who want to create long term value, who are not afraid to challenge the status quo, and who seek to find fulfillment in what they do. To learn more about Georgia Pacific Building Products visit:
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop robust analytical models to quantify the financial impact of opportunities
- Provide analytical support for the full breadth of integrated Lumber Division business processes with an enhanced focus on S&OP functions
- Support recommendations through data collection, optimization techniques, simulation modeling, and robust decision analysis
- Variety of ad hoc analysis/alternatives on discrete events and scenarios
- Provide analytical support on capital and major expense projects
- Leverage a natural curiosity and entrepreneurial mind-set to discover trends and patterns in key data to find ways to capitalize
- Identify opportunities for productivity improvements, cost reductions, product mix optimization, improved reliability, forecasting, etc.
- Report and analyze monthly results and trend
- Build relationships and work together with all levels of management
- Promote the growth of the Market-Based Management® (MBM®) culture by utilizing MBM® principles and mental models in interactions with Plant team members, GP team members, vendors, visitors, etc.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, or equivalent professional work experience in these fields
- Previous experience in a role(s) with a focus on financial analysis, accounting, strategy and/or economic modeling
- Excel and Database experience: VBA, SQL, simulation and optimization techniques, query building, macros, advanced functions, etc.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (ad hoc travel as needed)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, or Operations Research
- Direct experience in a manufacturing mill/plant environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $110,00 - $130,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf