Process Controls Engineer
Flint Hills Resources in Corpus Christi, Texas is looking for a Process Control Engineer to join their team! At Flint Hills Resources (FHR), we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo and find new ways to create value.
We are applying a team-based approach to growing our Process Control Capability into a true competitive advantage, focusing on new technology and improved work processes and innovation. Process Control is a key component in delivering our refinery of the future vision of running defect-free, optimized, at constraints, automatically.
As a team, we are developing a full range of process control solutions to improve the profitability of the refinery – from advanced regulatory and DCS-based model predictive control controls to traditional advanced process control (APC), state-based controls (SBC) and real-time optimization (RTO). In this role as a Process Control Engineer, you will play a key role in implementing this vision, focused more on the DCS-based control opportunities.
Flint Hills Resources is a different kind of company, we are privately owned, we have a 9/80 flexible schedule, and our compensation philosophy is based on the value you create. Come realize your full potential and join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Identifying and implementing process control applications that align with our business vision, working with the site team or working with additional, specialized contractor resources.
- Working collaboratively with Operations and other Process Control Capability team members to ensure that process control applications are functioning as designed, delivering real benefits and running with high uptimes.
- Applying advanced regulatory and DCS-based model predictive control technology to solve complex process control issues.
- Identify high value opportunities to automate equipment & plant processes.
- Developing process control expertise in areas that build on your experience and complement the knowledge and skills of the Process Control Capability team, providing a competitive advantage for FHR.
- Collaborating with other process control, automation and innovation resources throughout FHR and Koch Industries.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Experience in a process control or process automation role, applying aspects of process control technology, such as regulatory control, model-predictive control, state-based control or procedure or process automation
- Availability to travel up to 5% within the US
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in refining or chemicals processing industries.
- Experience working with the Emerson Delta V DCS system.
- Experience leading a cross-functional team.
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC Identification badge, allowing for un-escorted access to the facility within a specific time period.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf