Senior Accounting Assistant
Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Industries is one of the largest private companies in America. A diverse set of businesses and industries across the world, we work together to keep improving and exploring new ways to make life even better.
Koch Companies Services is looking for a highly motivated and self-driven Senior Accounting Assistant to join our Accounts Payable team in Wichita, KS!
The ideal candidate will have the ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment and adapt to new systems and processes quickly. They should want to create long term value, find fulfillment in what they do, and be a team player with a “can do” attitude.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide accurate and timely processing of accounts payable vendor invoices
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Use critical thinking to research issues and provide meaningful solutions
- Develop and implement best business processes and procedures
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations for various accounts in accordance with internal financial control standards
- Multi-task and work with a strong sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Independently review vendors for legitimacy
- Oversee the proper recording of sales and use tax
- Contribute to sales and use tax and credit card processing optimization
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable, Procurement or Finance OR a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Experience managing multiple tasks with competing priorities
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree or higher in one of the following (Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or Taxation)
- Experience in data retrieval and analytics, including detailed experience with progressive analytical tools (advanced Microsoft Excel, Alteryx, Power BI, etc.)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf