Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Georgia-Pacific is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor to support the Board Mill area. This position is responsible for leading a team of Mechanical technicians to execute planned, unplanned, and outage related work. This role reports to the Mechanical Maintenance Area Leader.
Georgia-Pacific’s Naheola Mill located in Pennington, Alabama, is a manufacturing site for the company’s well-known consumer products business. More than 900 employees produce a wide range of products for the consumer business, including Angel Soft® bath tissue and Sparkle® paper towels, as well as bleached paperboard used in Dixie® paper cups and plates.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead, supervise, and direct the work process of up to 13 hourly team members
- Ensure 100% compliance 100% of the time to OSHA, Georgia-Pacific, state, and federal standards and accounting practices for all equipment and work in the assigned area.
- Assist Operations team with weekly schedule priorities
- Providing leadership, technical support, and direction to the Mechanical technicians
- Driving safety and compliance excellence through effective work execution, personally modeling safe behaviors.
- Holding hourly employees accountable for improving the site safety performance.
- Partnering with Operations and Planners to ensure feedback from work execution is updated in CMMS
- Ensure all team members complete required training materials
- Promoting and supporting a transformational culture in maintenance with operations that supports an Ownership Based Work System
- Ensuring Safe Work Practice compliance (Safe Permits, Save My Life tools)
- Supporting area routine outages to ensure planned maintenance work is completed in the outage window.
- Perform GEMBA walks in the areas to improve employee engagement and maintenance performance
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Three or more years of work experience in industrial mechanical maintenance
- Supervisory/management experience with responsibility for direct reports
- Experience with GBX rebuilds, bearing installations, and precision maintenance
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting mechanical systems
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering/Technology
- Maintenance experience in fully integrated pulp and paper facility
- Experience maintaining, calibrating, programming, and troubleshooting hydraulic systems
- Experience with precision alignment equipment
- Experience maintaining Power/Utilities equipment
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with wireless vibration technology (KCF, Emerson)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf