Georgia-Pacific is now hiring a Shipping Supervisor for our corrugated box facility in West Monroe, LA.
Some of the excellent benefits we provide include:
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation
- 401K automatic contribution along with competitive match
- Excellent medical, dental and vision plans
- Tuition reimbursement
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of hourly employees to improve performance of the individual employees and overall business
- Develop direct report development plans and people management strategies
- Foster and develop a culture based on our Market Based Management (MBM®) philosophy
- Promote a safety culture that will manufacture, warehouse, and deliver contaminate free products meeting all required product safety laws, regulations, and corporate policies
- Collaborate across roles, gathering, and sharing feedback with Operations and Sales
- Direct shipping and warehouse functions along with inventory accuracy
- Focus on shipping efficiencies for On Time and In Full customer deliveries
- Communicate with Sales and Customer Service teams to meet customer needs
- Collaborate with outside carriers to manage truck fleet along with outside vendors
The Experience You Will Bring
- Prior experience in shipping/warehouse management role
What Will Put You Ahead
- Prior experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- Certification as an OSHA Train the Trainer Forklift Instructor
- Experience with computerized inventory system
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf