Industrial Heater/Furnace Estimator
Koch Specialty Plant Services, LLC (KSPS) is hiring for an Industrial Heater/Furnace Estimator. The successful candidate can effectively and efficiently perform take-offs, identify needed resources, identify interferences, develop logical execution schedules and execution strategies for industrial construction disciplines with a high focus on heater and furnace installations/revamps and associated scopes of work.
Preferred locations will be Tulsa, Houston, or Baton Rouge.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Site job walks to scope project, understand and clarify requirements, identify constraints, etc.
- Accurately estimate material and subcontract services costs.
- Prepare estimates based on site conditions and other factors (locations, subcontracts, equipment, labor resources)
- Work in environments where wearing personal protective equipment is required including but not limited to: safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses, etc.
- Collaborate with sales team to build quality estimates for customer bids.
- Collaborate with KSPS project management, engineering, and operations to support project planning.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in estimating, piping, and other mechanical work in heavy industry (includes turnarounds, capital projects, outages).
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings, isometrics, P&ID’s
- Experience developing scope of work and schedules
- Travel 30% of the time on average or as needed for project job walks, job site visits, etc
What Will Put You Ahead
- Field experience
- Experience using estimating software
- Experience using P6 or Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of other scopes of work (civil, structural, I&E, soft crafts, other fired equipment (boilers, burners, flares, VCU)
- I&E/ data analytics knowledge
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf