Georgia-Pacific is seeking qualified professionals to consider for the Logistics Allocator position at our Palatka, Florida facility. Located just south of Jacksonville and west of St. Augustine, FL, the Palatka mill employs about 900 people and has three tissue paper machines, one TAD paper machine and two Kraft paper machines and produces consumer tissue products such as bath tissue and paper towels sold under the Georgia-Pacific brand names of Angel Soft®, Quilted Northern®, Brawny®, and Sparkle® as well as specialty Kraft grades. The Logistics Allocator will work in our Shipping department, reporting to the Material Flow Operation Manager.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to learn and teach new and complex logistical systems, to multi-task and prioritize based on vision and to direct resources in warehouse tasks.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage finished goods and raw material workflows within SAP, Warehouse Management Systems, and Yard Management Systems.
- Work closely with the Automation team to ensure systems are working properly for the E80 (robots) system.
- Maintain open communications with service groups (KBX, Spotting, Customer Service, converting, quality, planners) to ensure both internal and external customer needs are met.
- Direct on-shift logistics resources in the completion of cycle counts, material movement, loading, and unloading of product to meet daily targets.
- Ensure outbound shipments meets load by times, by assigning loads and equipment in a timely manner.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis when deadlines are not met, or system issues occur.
- Forecast potential issues that will affect service to customers and take necessary actions.
- Optimize logistic efficiencies by identifying needed staffing shifts and communicating it with the proper leadership.
- Support Leading Overlap and Daily Direction Setting meetings for team of 8-10 employees.
- Performance management of team
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (creating/editing documentation, formatting text, creating tables, and process documentation), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, inventory tracking, and working with pivot tables) and Outlook (creating email messages, and sending to distribution lists)
- 1 year of experience or more with directing the work of others
- Experience in performing Root Cause Analysis and resolution
- One (1) year of experience working in SAP or using any Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain/Logistics
- Experience with responsibility for direct reports within a manufacturing environment
- Experience working within an automated environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf