Asset Transformation Leader
At INVISTA, we make the chemicals, polymers, fabrics, and fibers that can handle life’s toughest demands, create new solutions for life’s biggest needs, and deliver products and brands incorporated into your clothing, your car, and even your carpet. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations, and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including Dytek® intermediates, and Cordura® Advanced fabrics.
We are seeking an Asset Transformation Leader at our Camden, SC plant to join our team.
The Asset Transformation Leader is responsible for asset transformation of the Camden Polymer operating area through new technologies, work processes, and operator capability development. In this Operations role, the successful candidate will partner with our reliability and process control teams to build the Polymer project portfolio, enable new technologies to enhance Safety, Environmental, Quality, Production, and Polymer Operating Cost goals. This role will also advance RCA methodology in the operating area.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Culture Development and Vision:
- Advance cultural development of the Operations Team members to further the understanding and practice of MBM®.
- Articulate and drive the Operations Vision, creating a shared vision environment, and a culture of Principled Entrepreneurs with a contribution mindset.
- Motivate, influence, and drive good business decisions forward while working with a diverse workforce.
- Champion of Polymer Asset transformation, accountable for results regarding the utilization of technologies deployed, incorporating into site work processes, and capability development.
Process Safety & EHS Performance:
- Ensure the safe, reliable, and environmentally sound operation of Polymer operation through disciplined governance of reliability risks for the area team.
- Accountable for Incident Investigation Process (Enablon), RCA quality, and Corrective Actions to improve EH&S / Reliability of Assets. Active coach in Cause Mapping for the Polymer area.
Production Performance, Reliability, and Operating Cost:
- Track and automate asset availability data and maintain documentation for performance
- Drive production goals by governing reliability risks, advancing Asset Performance Monitoring technology, and leveraging RCA learnings.
- Leader of the 5-year Polymer Project Portfolio planning and optimization of polymer operating cost through playbook development.
- Product Area Team (PAT) member that Owns the Polymer playbook. Driving disciplined playbook process, prioritizing, and reviewing key operating cost, volume, and yield bets with stakeholders.
- Accountable for Polymer equipment outage scope Challenging outage drivers, timing, schedule. Moving assets to condition based from time based PM’s.
- Critical economic thinker that can drive cost effective action in the Polymer operating area
- Develops area team members and helps them understand the economics of their units and how that impacts our market competitiveness. They recognize all types of resources consumed and are focused on using fewer of them.
- Effectively communicate progress, plans, and issues with site and offsite leadership.
- Quickly assess operating gaps and take corrective action.
- Use benchmarking and best practices to drive value creation.
The Experience You Will Bring
Must meet one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- 7+ years of experience at a KOCH Manufacturing Facility
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- Experience troubleshooting equipment issues and facilitating RCA, Cause Mapping, and Failure Mode Cause Analysis
- Production / Process experience
- Reliability experience/background
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Candidate must be physically able to climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to work in outdoor conditions
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Accessing elevated platforms by ladder (includes egress), accessing multiple floors of open structures by stairway (includes egress
- Operating company vehicles
- Donning Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): safety glasses, hearing protection, goggles, hard hats, FRC/Nomex, gloves, and safety boots
- Schedule is day based (M-F). Must have flexibility to rotate schedule to shift to develop capabilities of the shift team.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf