Specialist, Business Development
What You Will Do In Your Role
Job title: Business Development Specialist
Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive business development specialist to join our highly visible team in Taiwan to support strategic customers in the Hyperscale Datacenter and Enterprise Cloud computing market segment.
In this role, your primary purpose will be supporting the sales team with a variety of internal work items combined with direct communication with customers. This position compliments and supports communications with Molex sales (OEM and ODM), product divisions, environmental and quality teams as well as external customers.
Reports to Worldwide Account Manager (WWAM)
· Responds to pricing activities and inquiries from internal personnel and external customers. Maintains the contract pricing database and communicates price changes to appropriate personnel within the OEM, ODM sales and customer service teams.
· Manage all details to support customer product qualification and environmental requests. Coordinate with internal teams to gather and submit the required documentation to the customer.
· Manage and support quarterly RFQs from various customers and upload all prices in pricing system on a timely basis.
· Supports NPI activities (pricing, samples, forecasting) and coordinates efforts to ensure a smooth transition from development builds to mass production phase for new programs.
· Supports the Salesforce (CRM) system and process. Creates and analyzes reports for management review and action. Helps maintain the accuracy and integrity of the data and assists internal personnel with system specific questions.
· Assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports with data extracted from the company’s global business processing systems. May report on revenue, margin, delivery, quality, and other metrics as required.
· Assists sales in expediting customer request on special prices, forecast and deliveries and collateral as required. Informs WWAM of key customer activities.
· Assists and supports communication with customers related to the PCN process (Product change and obsolescence notices).
· Assist WWAM with global budget planning and business plan development.
· Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
· Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline.
· Fluent in Mandarin & English.
· Proficient in using Microsoft Office software
· Experience in connector/cable or electronics industry preferred
What Will Put You Ahead
Skills and abilities:
· Sales operational skills that demonstrate the ability to successfully manage customer’s support needs.
· Strong organizational skills to anticipate, plan, organize and monitor workload.
· Well-developed written, oral, and interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to build rapport with both internal and external contacts.
· Possess a positive “can-do” attitude and sense of urgency.
· Ability to learn and use various corporate software applications (example: SAP).
· Ability to operate independently.
· Visit customers as needed.