Come grow with us! Flint Hills Resources (FHR, a Koch Industries company) is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. FHR IT is undergoing a rapid transformation as we quickly adopt more modern platforms that touch on every aspect of our business. As a Software Engineer, you will be a key part of this modern transformation.
A Software Engineer for Flint Hills Resources will create value by leveraging a variety of platforms to deliver value to our customers more quickly, while also enhancing reliability and reducing cost. Experimentation, design, integration, and ownership will be key.
This role is open to local (Wichita, Kansas based) candidates or remote candidates in locations within reasonable proximity to Wichita, Kansas, such as Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Kansas City, Corpus Christi, Dallas and Atlanta. We are also considering candidates near our Pine Bend, Minnesota refinery location.
Travel to Wichita will be required at some interval determined by supervisor and team needs. As the employee is onboarded more remote possibilities will be considered.
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Design, architect, and build/modify code
- Build automated unit tests
- Integrate applications and processes together to streamline our business
- Apply critical thinking to solve problems across complex and distributed systems
- Work with AWS & APIs to deliver creative, sustainable solutions
- Provide technical alternatives to address business needs
- Collaborate as part of a team across multiple IT disciplines
- Work on some of the FHR’s most important projects leveraging AWS serverless technologies
The Experience You Will Bring:
- 1 year of professional software engineering experience
- Experience working with a database technology
- Ability to travel up to 25%
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Experience in AWS Lambda, Dynamo, RDS, API Gateway, CloudFront, and other AWS serverless technologies
- Professional experience in learning and applying new technology and concepts
- Experience in Serverless Stack or Serverless Framework
- Experience in AWS Lambda in the Node.js runtime
- Familiarization on graph databases (Neo4J preferred)
- Experience in Jest for automated unit testing
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf