BI - Developer
The Visualization team will be a part of an international team that designs, develops and delivers new applications for Koch Industries. Koch Industries is a privately held global organization with over 120,000 employees around the world, with subsidiaries involved in manufacturing, trading, and investments. Koch Global Services (KGS) is being developed in India to as a Shared Service Operations, as well as act as a hub for innovation across functions. As KGS rapidly scales up its operations in India, it’s employees will get opportunities to carve out a career path for themselves within the organization. This role will have the opportunity to join on the ground floor and will play a critical part in helping build out the Koch Global Services (KGS) over the next several years. Working closely with global colleagues would provide significant international exposure to the employees.
We are seeking a Visualization expert to join KGS Analytics capability. We love passionate, forward thinking individuals who are driven to innovate. You will have the opportunity to engage with Business Analysts, Analytics Consultants, and internal customers to implement ideas, optimize existing dashboards, and create Visualization products using powerful, contemporary tools. This opportunity engages diverse types of business applications and data sets at a rapid pace, and our ideal candidate gets excited when they are faced with a challenge.
- Design and develop dashboards that cater to the business requirement. Create visual story board(s) to highlight business metrics and KPI’s.
- Break down the business problems to workable dashboard models. Design layouts to cater to the key metrics.
- Create innovative, interactive dashboards and scorecards for key performance indicators that are tailored to customers
- Build intuitive dashboards to illustrate results from predictive models for advanced analytics projects
- Work simultaneously on projects across with multiple domains like Supply Chain, Sales, Travel & Expenses, Finance and Operation Excellence.
- Think through a business scenario’s, flow ot data points and drill down sequences
- Test data for accuracy and adaptability to requirement
- Collaborate with business analysts to find the best way to present the results
- Tech, train, share knowledge with peers
- Ensure all Qlik development is line with the best practices & principals defined by the team and complies with the spirit of overall data control standards
- 6+ years of post-bachelor’s degree experience presenting and providing meaningful business insights from data using Qlik Sense and / or having conceptual knowledge of Tableau.
- Ability to conceptualize the flow of visuals to generate good story telling model.
- 2+ years of post-bachelor’s degree experience with data extraction and analysis using complex SQL
- Experience working with multiple disparate data sources QlikSense and / or Tableau.
- Experience with advanced Tableau topics such as complex calculations, table calculations, parameters, geographic mapping
- Hand-on Experience in managing large datasets from ETL tools and integrate with BI Viz solutions.
- Experience building and inheriting role-level security requirements at the enterprise level
- Experience with data model optimization and strong understanding of different data modeling techniques
- Working knowledge of statistical methods and mathematical models
- Bachelor’s/Masters degree in Computer Science/Information technology OR equivalent qualification
- Advanced knowledge of using Set Analysis & Variables
- Experience analyzing and visualizing unstructured data
- Experience using ETL Tools
- Experience working in a data analytics Center of Excellence (COE)
What You Will Need To Bring With You:
(experience & education required)
What Will Put You Ahead:
(experience & education preferred)
· An advanced Degree (Masters or PhD) in engineering, mathematics, physics, economics, computer science, statistics, or business analytics with 3+ years of experience in managing Visualisation projects
· Experience leveraging cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Experience Leading a Team & working with global teams across time zones
Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace