Sr IT Project Manager
The Sr. IT Project Manager is responsible for leading, organizing, and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering IT projects that meet the business needs of our customers. Projects will vary depending on complexity, scope and approach. Depending on project type and team constraints either agile, waterfall or hybrid approach is utilized. The PM is responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects, using various methods, in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business domains. The project manager will work with the team to plan and execute the project. In addition, project manager will manage project scope, issues, risks, stakeholders, financials and communications. The PM will also negotiate variations to resource commitments (financial and people) to ensure the successful completion of the project. By using effective leadership skills, the PM will lead project teams and individuals to achieve the set goals and objectives of the project. Scrum master or Business Analyst background will be an added advantage for this position.
What You Will Do In Your Role
As a member of PM Team, they will participate in identifying best practices for project management, create useful project management tools and templates, promote the PM and mentor project leads at various skill levels. In addition, the PM will serve the IT organization by promoting and using these best practices and sharing their knowledge and experiences with others in the IT organization.
Minimal travel is expected and will range from 0% to 10% depending on project needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5 to 7 years of experience in Application Development Projects.
- Experience in Scrum practices, ceremonies, scrum execution, leading scrum teams
- Budget, Issue/Risk management, Status reporting
- Detailed oriented, Business savvy
- Leadership skills in interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level, leading cross-functional teams, on-shore/off-shore development/QA teams/Vendors in a matrix-ed environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Excellent analytical, planning, and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze a project, team and environment constraints in order to develop the most suitable PM/SDLC processes for that team/project.
- Proven ability to successfully lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, utilizing various media and methods for communication
- Ability to track and formally report on overall progress, financial health, risks, issues, and mitigation strategies of project
- Ability to collaborate with customers and develop relationships, strategies and solutions of high business value
- Proven ability to manage stakeholder expectations
- Motivate, mentor, and coach project teams that are dynamic, solution oriented, and delivery driven
- Ability to learn new business processes.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 5 years of experience in leading application software development projects.
- At least 5 years of experience utilizing Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Complete lifecycle experience in managing multiple, concurrent IT projects from ideation to close.
- Demonstrated experience in:
o Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid methodology of software project management
o Project management tools (e.g. Azure DevOps, Planview), Microsoft Project or equivalent PM tools, Microsoft Office Tools (MS Office, Teams, OneNote)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps., PlanView
- Experience working in a PMO set-up
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf