Production Technician/General Laborer
Production Operator/Process Technician
$1000 sign on Bonus
Georgia-Pacific is seeking Production Technicians at our Plattsburgh, NY facility to manufacture Quilted Northern Ultra Plush tissue safely and efficiently. This position offers opportunities for development within your role and future growth within the company. Georgia-Pacific’s Plattsburgh facility uses state of the art innovation and technology to manufacture Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Tissue. Quilted Northern is a brand of choice and is widely used in homes and businesses across the country.
Production Technicians earn a starting pay of $ 18.58/hr. with opportunity to advance within the company with the potential of higher compensation and responsibilities.
Candidates will work a rotating 12-hr shift to include weekends, holidays, and overtime. GP offers a competitive benefit package including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, paid holidays and vacations, and a 401K plan with company match.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Monitor and/or entry into computer control systems
- Troubleshoot equipment to optimize production
- Perform basic asset care duties to include routine preventative maintenance and cleaning of work area
- Work as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste, quality, and safety goals
- Operate and/or work around mobile equipment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day, in a loud/noisy, and industrial, high-volume environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of working experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using a computer, tablet, or smart device
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf