Customer Application Engineer
The Customer Application Engineer will analyze, understand, and solve customers’ challenges from an Engineering point of view by leading technical dialogs, negotiating and framing requirements, and clearly communicating – including updating concepts for new product developments. Moreover, part of the role is to facilitate design-ins of Molex MSBU (Micro-Solution Business Unit) products by providing front-end technical support to customers, as well as collect, interpret, package and communicate project information to the product design teams .
Further, the position holder will explore new product business opportunities with the Business Development and Product Management Teams and evaluate new product development concepts.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Promote and deliver technical expertise to customers and support Molex by interacting with customer engineers and project leaders
- Capture and clearly communicate technical requirements: Understand specific standards and requirements of each customer and translate into design inputs to proposals / back-end Product Descriptions
- Understand customers’ pain points, interpret them clearly and work with back-end/internal teams for solutions, and present/explain the technical values we can bring to customers
- Raise awareness of Molex products across customer engineering departments
- Participate in industry meetings and initiatives, and maintain a high level of product, industry, and market knowledge
- Build successful engineering contacts and working relationships with key technical areas of the customer
- Communicate with adjacent internal engineering / product teams on project topics
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant technical engineering experience in manufacturing environment
- Expertise in connector related development with deep understanding on connector manufacturing process (Stamping/Plating/Molding/Assembly)
- 2D/3D CAD design skills
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Proactive, and able to demonstrate initiative and a sense of urgency
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize, and monitor workload
- Ability to work with remote / global teams
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 10-20%
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
What Will Put You Ahead
- Solid product design and development experience in the automotive connector (or similar) industry
- Expertise in power, and signal (especially SI - high speed Signal Integrity) in modules, PCBAs, and Connector systems
- Knowledge of PCBA and module design and relevant manufacturing processes
- Experience in working directly with external customers
- Experience in working with IATF16949 and TS certified organizations and good understanding of the Automotive Market Requirements, including USCAR and similar frameworks
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf