Sr. Financial Reporting Accountant
Koch Industries, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Financial Reporting Accountant to join the Consolidations & Reporting team within the Global Accounting Leveraged Capability. This role creates value through excellence in accounting close and consolidation, financial reporting, technical accounting, primarily supporting the Guardian Industries business.
Guardian Industries is a global manufacturing company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, employing over 14,000 people that live and work in 26 countries across five continents.
**This role will work on a hybrid schedule (in-office / home)**
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead a key role in the close consolidation process - perform close checks and global governance, oversee elimination and economic ledgers, and prepare leadership reporting
- Be a key contributor in the year-end report and audit process, including preparation of financial statements, footnotes, and working with external auditors and various business accounting groups
- Serve as the liaison between the business groups and the Government Reporting team, and provides various data points to meet reporting compliance requirements
- Prepare quarterly external financial statements and data analytics to leadership
- Complete various monthly/quarterly reporting to meet business, Koch, and external requirements
- Assist in providing technical guidance on complex accounting topics
- Assist in implementation of new accounting standards, policies, and processes
- Assist in the global governance of internals control and compliance in financial reporting, proactively identify and measure accounting exposures
- Identify and implement innovation opportunities in the financial reporting space that can be leveraged across the Koch enterprises
- Provide ad hoc information, reporting, and/or data analytics to other capabilities and business partners
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, or related Business field
- Progressive experience in an Accounting/Finance focused role(s) that required a solid understanding of accounting processes, US GAAP requirements, and financial reporting
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Teams, SharePoint, PowerApps)
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel Experience (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree in accounting or related discipline; CPA or other professional certification
- 5 or more years of a combination of experience in Accounting and Analysis roles
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP requirements (research, whitepapers, memos)
- Experience using OneStream, Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx, or other data analytic and visualization tools
- Experience with accounting consolidation, including intercompany eliminations and consolidating international entities with foreign currencies
- Experience in process innovation/transformation/implementation
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf