Propylene Market Analyst
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
The Propylene Commercial Team is looking for a Market Analyst to join their team! Our Market Analyst will need strong organizational and collaboration skills with experience balancing priorities and multiple projects.
This position can be based in The Woodlands, TX or Wichita, KS with a blended office/remote working model.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Research and understand the impact of NGLs & Olefins market dynamics and events to develop and maintain a short term point of view and prepare market reports for internal stakeholders.
- Work with accounting team to monitor accuracy of position overviews. Make recommendations to commercial leader to maintain position according to POV. Execute trades in spot market as needed to maintain recommended position.
- Closely collaborate with accounting, risk, credit, and other internal groups to ensure compliance.
- Develop relationships with other key industry players including customers, brokers, and data providers.
- Assist commercial team with preparation of management presentations and reporting.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong analytical ability with specific experience working with large datasets to extract and communicate findings
- Experience working with commodities
- Demonstrated interest in learning about commodity trading
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related quantitative field
- Experience in a commodity trading environment
- Experience creating and maintaining automated reporting processes
- Experience working with propane and propylene
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf