Technical Marketing Manager, Nylon Polymer
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers, and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
About the Role
INVISTA is seeking a Technical Marketing Manager who will be responsible for identifying, analyzing, and facilitating new product opportunities in the market and developing strategic roadmaps for our technical and commercial teams. The Technical Marketing Manager will also be responsible for providing technical support to customers on legacy product lines. The ideal candidate will be adept at quickly understanding customer and market needs, gathering and communicating knowledge and expectations, and offering creative solutions to help our customers commercialize their products using our materials faster and more efficiently. The successful candidate will be resourceful, analytical, self-motivated, have exceptional relationship-building skills, work well as part of a team, and possess a strong blend of technical and commercial acumen. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are essential to be successful in this role.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build strong relationships with customers to gain an in-depth technical and commercial understanding of their product roadmaps and end-use application requirements
- Lead the presentation and technical discussion of new product offerings with customers
- Collaborate with customer product development managers, R&D, engineers, and material selectors
- Conduct market research and analysis to understand downstream use applications and competitive landscape for new product development materials
- Investigate the types of testing, data packaging, product validation, and certification needed to qualify and approve new materials by customers down the value chain to the end user
- Partner with internal technical capabilities as voice of customer, aligning company’s product development funnel with customer roadmap needs regarding product formulations, proof of concept testing, Design of Experiments, etc.
- Attend customer trials and provide technical support as needed
- Work closely with internal operations and commercialization teams to assess internal manufacturing capability, identify gaps, and scope new capabilities needed
- Develop and adhere to project timelines
- Maintain a proactive and continuous feedback loop with customers to ensure collaboration and progress in development activities.
- Own and manage 3rd party resources for any required external sourcing of processing, testing, or certification services
- Provide strategic input for future product developments
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Plastics Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Material Science.
- 5+ years of experience in product development and/or design engineering
- 2+ years of customer facing experience
- Willing and able to travel up to 50%
What Will Put You Ahead
- MS in engineering discipline or MBA
- Experience with analyzing business and functional requirements to inform the creation of technical specifications
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf