Guardian Glass is seeking their next Material Handler in Geneva, NY!
Who are Guardian Industries? When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To learn more, visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com.
Our Material Handlers must be willing to work a rotational shift schedule (up to 12 hours), holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed.
Starting wages are $17/hr., with an increase to $17.50/hr. after 90 days and $18/hr. after 180 days! In addition, we offer "On-Demand pay! Your money, when you want it."
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Must maintain safe work environment by consistently wearing proper PPE, performing safe work behaviors and by communicating all safety concerns to supervisor
- Understands and executes job per the given work instructions or JES
- Handles, moves, and packs products and materials
- Operates equipment and mechanized devices, running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving forklifts
- Uses either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes
- Inspects equipment, materials, and products to identify the cause of errors, problems, or defects
- Judge quality of product and adjusts accordingly
- Follows 5S procedures
- Associate regularly walks throughout the shift to run quality checks, pack product, break out co-workers, and to move from task to task
- May be required to lift to 50 pounds. May also be required to lift to 35 pounds while twisting at the waist level on a repetitive basis while packing product
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience using a tape measure, air nailer, hammer, bander, micrometers, and glass cutters
- Experience operating a forklift
What Will Put Your Ahead
- 1+ years manufacturing experience
- Experience operating an overhead crane
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria are set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com