Payroll Manager, Employment Tax
Koch Business Solutions (KBS) is seeking a Payroll Manager, Employment Tax to join our team! Our offices are located in Lisle, IL, Wichita, KS, and Atlanta, GA. All of these locations will have hybrid work options with work from home flexibility. The Payroll Manager, Employment Tax will oversee a team of 3 Payroll Analysts that is responsible for employment tax compliance for approximately 60K employees. This role doesn’t support transactional work, but rather utilizes analytical and critical thinking skills for strategic planning and analysis.
This role offers the opportunity to partner with leaders across the organization and collaborate directly with the family of Koch companies and engage with a wide range of business capabilities. The Payroll Manager, Employment Tax will operate with a growth mindset to implement new processes and controls. They will also be able to collaborate, build effective relationships, and have the ability to work with competing priorities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead a team of 3 payroll analysts in various locations
- Work with U.S. Tax Compliance for Federal, state and local payroll related taxes
- Withholding and Unemployment
- Ensure tax deposits are timely and accurate
- Quarterly tax filing oversight
- Lead year-end processes for W-2s
- Ensure payroll system is up to date with current technical and legislative updates
- Vendor relationship management with 3rd Party payroll tax provider
- Partner with internal global transactional teams, Human Resources and other support capabilities (Global Mobility, IT and HR service center).
- Manage resolution of employee tax questions and issues
- Tax consultancy for internal business partners on complex employment tax matters as they arise
- Review new legislation and regulations and develop point of view on impact to enterprise
- Provide support for mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in business, finance, economics accounting or an associated field or equivalent certification (CPP, etc.)
- Experience in strategic tax matters
- Previous leadership experience and someone who has experience building a team
- Experience with Employment tax, including multi-state experience
- Experience working with large sets of data and information
- Experience communicating with various leaders across an organization
- Experience with Microsoft office (Excel, Outlook and Teams)
- Willing and able to travel up to 15%, as needed
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience Leading an audit
- Experience with automation and data visualization software
- Experience with the following Technology
- SAP, Ceridian or other payroll platforms
- ADP SmartCompliance
- ServiceNow or other case management tool
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy. This role isn't eligible for visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf