DevOps Engineer (i360)
i360, a leader in data and analytics capabilities that solve political, operational, supply chain, and market forecasting challenges for some of the most sophisticated organizations in the world, is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join the team! i360 is a dynamic workplace sitting on the leading edge of politics, technology, and business, and is seeking team members who are as excited about freedom as they are about building the next generation of political technology.
The ideal candidate is someone who has technical experience leveraging data and technology to optimize commercial or political operations and to create new capabilities. The DevOps Engineer is primarily responsible for deploying models and related tools that create value for our customers. The individual in this role would have a general understanding of the algorithms behind real-world machine learning and artificial intelligence.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build and support colleagues in deploying models in containerized workloads, using both AWS-native and kubernetes stacks.
- Aid in devising creative, scalable cloud solutions for the data science team.
- Devise and support effective model monitoring solutions for the data science team.
- Quantify the potential value of a new data set for future models
- Analyze a data science customer question and explain the answer to a non-technical team member
- Devise and implement an automated approach to a repeatable process in collaboration with the Data Operations Team and the Analytics Team
- Determine more data is required after training an experimental model and validating its performance
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience writing Python, R, bash or similar scripting language
- Experience in container technology (docker, k8s), and/or Linux
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research, software engineering, computer science, artificial intelligence, or a similar technical field OR a BA/BS in another field with 2+ years experience in DevOps
What Will Put You Ahead
- MS or PhD in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research, software engineering, computer science, artificial intelligence, or a similar technical field. Those with a non-technical advanced degree but extensive technical experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience identifying and communicating actionable insights using data
- Experience with infrastructure as code technologies such as Terraform
- Experience with automated data pipelines for data collection or standardization
- Familiarity with AWS/EKS or similar cloud-based platform, Linux, git, containers, and command line basics
- Familiarity with d3.js, plotly, seaborn, ggplot, or similar library
- Experience in machine learning or artificial intelligence with caret, scikit-learn, Pytorch, TensorFlow, or similar framework
- Experience writing SQL for data analysis
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf