At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our Milan, MI facility has an immediate need for Maintenance Technicians. Our technicians work as a team to support the operation and maintenance of our manufacturing equipment. This is a skilled hourly position that requires troubleshooting and performing maintenance on manufacturing equipment and who has a thorough understanding of safe work practices. If you are passionate about technical maintenance and have a desire to learn, we would like to hear from you!
This position is eligible for a $7,500 sign on bonus
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems
- Repair and maintain all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Record maintenance and repair activities in a computer-based system
- Use hand tools, power tools and precision measuring devices as well as testing instruments
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
Position Specific Details
- Payrate Range $29.35- $34.59 Hr.(Based on Experience)
- Rotating 12 hour shifts
- We offer competitive Benefits and Perks: 401k match, Health insurance, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Tuition reimbursement, Free Employee Assistance Program.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two (2) or more years of manufacturing/industrial maintenance experience
- One (1) or more years of electrical troubleshooting in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience troubleshooting programmable logical controllers (PLCs)
- Experience utilizing preventative and predictive maintenance concepts
- Experience operating a motorized fork lift or clamp truck
- Experience working in the corrugated industry
- Mechanical or electrical certification(s)
- Welding experience
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf