Georgia-Pacific’s Wood and Fiber Supply (W&FS) organization ensures that the company's mills maintain a constant flow of logs, wood fiber and chips to sustain its tissue, packaging, paper and building products manufacturing operations. We are seeking an Operations Forester to support the Englehart OSB mill. The position will be based in the Englehart, Ontario where the mill is located.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Implement requirements of the Forest Management Plan and Crown Forest Sustainability Act. Submit Annual Work Schedules by Forest and work with Sustainable License Holder on necessary amendments and revisions to facilitate harvest operations
- Oversee logging and hauling operations in North Eastern, Ontario delivering logs to the mill that meet quality standards, that are on time and on budget
- Plan cost effective logging, hauling and road construction activities with staff and our service contractors
- Develop 1, 2 and 5 year logging programs for Service Contractors balancing wood flow needs and wood cost
- Purchase wood as required.
- Represent GP on SFL Board directed Operations Committees and manage Road funding programs
- Engage as required with stakeholders some of which are tourist operators, snowmobile clubs and First Nations Communities
- Assisting to drive process improvements and presenting innovative solutions to recurring issues
- Ensuring all transactions are properly documented and distributed
- Working in conjunction with W&FS team to monitor and manage all levels of raw material acquisition to include: Administrative, Capital Employed, Transportation, Inventories and Wood Cost
- Ensuring compliance with all health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures
- Actively representing Wood & Fiber Supply and the facility operations on local and regional sourcing initiatives
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry
- Working knowledge and experience with MS Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Must have a valid G License for Ontario or able to get one
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Forestry, Procurement, or Supply Chain
- Wood procurement and or timber operations supervision experience.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf