Product Development Engineer
Guardian Industries has an immediate need for a Product Development Engineer to be based out of our Science & Technology Center in Carleton, MI. We are seeking a highly self-motivated individual to take on an advanced product development role in the newly invented surface sensing solutions. The selected individual will be responsible for managing the product development process through all phases of development. The Product Development Engineer will partner with the technology team, components suppliers, product development team to evaluate and resolve technical feasibility, design optimization and production issues. The role will also involve significant innovation in new surface sensing technology development by product concept creation and validation. The candidate will also support other research projects in the organization for the areas of product development and process management.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Review customer specifications, requirements, and expectations
- Design and develop concepts and solutions to meet customer’s needs
- Design test procedure for concept and prototype samples
- Works with the internal and external cross-functional teams to create samples for development, testing, and production
- Collaborate with suppliers to provide value engineering options (VAVE)
- Coordinate and negotiate the delivery dates of customer samples
- Communicate and document the running changes to product designs and customer requirements
- Work with the cross-functional teams to identify and mitigate manufacturability risks
- Work in multi-cultural and functional teams globally
- Clearly present and communicate ideas, concepts, and plans across multiple levels
- Learn and adapt to new challenges and skill requirements
- Apply strong communication skills and attention to details
- Demonstrate initiative, teamwork, and collaboration and curiosity to create value for the business with new product innovations
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a STEM discipline
- Two (2) or more years’ product development experience
- Hardware & software application experience (academic experience and/or professional experience is applicable)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with product development as it relates to embedded electronics sensor solutions
- Project management experience including tracking multiple projects and time lines, organizing project details and schedules and close coordination with several functional teams
- Knowledge in sensing technology including non-contact proximity and surface touch
- Ability to conduct design and process failure modes and effects analysis
- Experience with complex projects, ability to analyze problems quickly, development of corrective actions
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf