Machine Operator III - Dudley, NC - Lumber
Georgia-Pacific is seeking experienced manufacturing employees for our Machine Operator role in our Dudley, NC Lumber Mill. As a Machine Operator, you operate lumber production equipment on one or more machine centers. The equipment may include automated saws, scanners, bundlers, sorter trimmers as well as associated transfer fork lifts & lumber handling equipment. If you want to be a part of a team that works safely, produces a quality product, and provides ongoing learning opportunities, this may be the job for you!
Starting wage is $18.50 per hour with paid vacation days starting day one! And, employees are paid overtime for any hours over 8, worked in a day.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performing operator care duties and minor maintenance tasks to include but not limited to lubrication duties
- Working throughout the mill to safely meet production and quality goals
- Learning multiple operator functions in your department
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Performing detailed housekeeping to keep machinery functioning properly and to maintain the appearance of the plant
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 2 year of manufacturing experience or have done comparable work in a comparable work environment that includes but is not limited to: farming, agriculture, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, construction, etc.
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience driving and operating a forklift
- Experience working in lumber or wood products
- Experience troubleshooting equipment
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Capabilities or Manufacturing: IND-GP-RCT