Mechanical Maintenance Planner
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Planner to join our Alabama River Cellulose team in Perdue Hill, AL. This position will report to the Maintenance Planning Leader and work with the business unit to create and provide maintenance outage/shutdown and daily planning and execution discipline for the Paper/Recycle area. This position will work closely with area maintenance, operations, capital engineers, Asset Availability Leaders, reliability personnel, and crafts persons to provide effective planning/scheduling of daily work and outage/shutdown functions. Long-term value is created through the application of the company’s business philosophy of Market Based Management® and Georgia-Pacific’s Guiding Principles.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Learn and understand all aspects of the GP Asset Maintenance (AM) Process, and Planning and Scheduling process
- Work with the Operations Team members to develop a prioritized, 100% resource loaded schedule that optimizes our resources
- Provide detailed maintenance shutdown and daily work planning and materials procurement for a major area of a paper producing facility
- Develop maintenance plans utilizing Microsoft Project software and 4Site CMMS system
- Directly support mill maintenance crews and contractors on maintenance shutdown days, and outages
- Communicate extensively with craftspeople, operations, contractor representatives and materials suppliers will occur daily
- Promote safe work execution through development of detailed Job Hazard Analysis documentation and compliance with all Georgia-Pacific permitting and procedures
- Continuously updating the information in the CMMS, such as Bills of Materials, and specifications for ordering
- Perform rotating weekend on-call duty for the entire mill and may spend time covering the duties of other mechanical leaders
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in manufacturing mechanical maintenance environment
- Experience with mechanical planning maintenance in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- Experience with a computerized maintenance management system (i.e. 4Site, PassPort, SAP)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Pulp and paper maintenance/reliability industry
- Other industrial certifications will be considered and reviewed
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf