Georgia-Pacific (GP) is looking for a Research Analyst to join our Technology and Innovation Center (T&IC) in Memphis, TN. At T&IC we support GP Cellulose’s research and development efforts towards product development, expand new applications, and provide knowledge through advanced analytical chemistry tools and methodologies. The successful candidate will create value by performing key tests and conducting investigative analysis. The research analyst will perform routine and non-routine testing, plan and execute experiments, perform data analysis, and maintain and regulate testing equipment. This position may require occasional overtime and travel.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Self-motivated to prioritize and execute projects
- Be able to troubleshoot independently or with limited supervision
- Perform routine, and non-routine testing, method development, and perform statistical analysis of data
- Perform wet-chemistry techniques and utilize appropriate instrumentation for analysis
- Provide written technical reports and lab test summaries
- Possess meticulous attention to detail with good problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Work safely and collaboratively in a high-performance, fast-paced research and development environment which includes interaction with cross-functional teams
- Learn and apply pertinent cellulose chemistry principles
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher chemistry, analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, or a related field
- Two or more years of experience working in a laboratory or R&D setting
- Willing and able to lift 30lbs on occasion
- Willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time
- Willing and able to work flexible hours to include overtime, as business needs require
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree in chemistry, analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, or a related field
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with ICP-OES or ICP-MS instrumentation
- Experience with one or more of the following instrumentation techniques is a plus: HPLC/UPLC, LCMS, SEC-MALS, IC, GC-FID, X-ray diffraction
- Knowledge of cellulose chemistry as it pertains to pulp and paper industry
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf