Managing Director, Corporate Development & Strategy
Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is a global organization comprised of multiple business platforms to include Integrated Projects and Services, Equipment, and Digital Analytics delivering engineered solutions to industrial value chains. We are focused on discerning the challenges our customers face, understanding their future vision, and providing continued value through reliable, proven, integrated technologies and services.
KES is seeking a Managing Director, Corporate Development & Strategy to lead origination for our Strategy & Business Development team.
The successful candidate will possess an enthusiasm to drive profitable growth, willingness to challenge the status quo and a proven ability to act as a constructive change agent. This individual will be an intrinsic self-starter and principled entrepreneur with a proven ability to develop and execute creative solutions. S/he will have a demonstrated ability to develop and clearly communicate organic and inorganic growth strategies, transaction fit and reward vs. risk at all levels of the organization, including Koch Industries senior management. S/he will be a trusted thought partner to KES business leaders demonstrating a collaborative approach to both strategy and growth.
There is a preference for this individual to reside in Wichita, KS, Dallas or Houston, TX, Chicago, IL, or Atlanta, GA. This role will report directly to the KES Vice President of Strategy & Business Development.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with the KES Business Development team and business leaders to develop investment theses, originate, screen, and underwrite compelling acquisition, investment, or organic growth opportunities. Growth opportunities include bolt-on opportunities that fit existing businesses as well as step-out acquisitions or investments that might serve as the foundation for new platforms that fit the KES vision.
- Work closely with KES Business Development Point-of-View & Strategy team to perform industry research, competitive analysis, and develop proprietary and actionable point-of-view and strategies supporting potential investments or acquisitions.
- Package and present opportunities for challenge and approval to all levels of Koch leadership.
- Full scope management of diligence efforts associated with potential acquisitions or investments.
- Collaborate with Koch Legal and other KES capabilities to negotiate definitive agreements.
- Develop strong relationships with an ever-growing roster of investment banking, private equity, and venture capital entities.
- Collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders including working with colleagues across KES and the respective Koch companies and capabilities.
- Attend global conferences and industry events as appropriate to aid in understanding of relevant market dynamics.
- Network with industry leaders, experts, and emerging technology companies to gather and provide feedback on market trends and dynamics.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in a corporate business development role focused on end to end mergers and acquisitions
- Demonstrated experience in transaction origination, underwriting, due diligence, document negotiation, and completion
- Business development experience in one or more of the following industries: Energy, Electricity Generation and Distribution, Petrochemical, Renewables, Food & Beverage, Refining, or Robotics and Automation
- Experience simultaneously overseeing multiple transactions and initiatives
What Will Put You Ahead
- Business development experience across a broad range of industrial technology or engineering/construction services businesses
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf