Coater Process Engineer
Who are Guardian Industries? When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To learn more, visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com.
Guardian Glass is seeking a Coater Process Engineer in Richburg, SC!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Proactively generate and deliver process improvements by utilizing SPC, statistical methods and data analysis to improve production processes including enhancements in yield, lowering costs and increasing manufacturing uptime
- Lead Continuous improvement, closely with the production, maintenance, development and quality departments
- Troubleshooting problems that occur during the manufacturing process of the optical coatings related to uniformity, color, spectral matching, etc.
- Ensure coater conditioning is tracked and becomes well understood: Acquire the tools necessary and become proficient at their use
- Ensure thin film uniformity is continuously improved upon, becoming proficient at improving it
- Ensure spectral matching is learned and followed: Acquire and/or provide the tools necessary and become proficient at their use
- Implement best practices and procedures, document standard operating procedures, training guidelines, and “what if” scenarios
- Establish operating parameters for new processes, conduct optimization experiments
- Training production operators and working collaboratively with them to improve processes
- Understanding of operation and maintenance on a sputtering based industrial glass coating line
- Capable of troubleshooting vacuum systems
- Conduct designed experiments to understand manufacturing processes, improve efficiencies and improve product quality
- Tune-in and maintain the thin films coatings we make to provide quality products consistent with our customers needs
- Support R&D experiments on production equipment. Support in the planning, execution and analysis of these experiments, troubleshooting vacuum coating systems
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor Degree in Materials Science, Chemical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Ceramic Engineering, Physics, or one of the Engineering disciplines
- Experience in thin film deposition
- Experience with statistical methods and analysis
- Ability to conduct design and process failure modes and effects analysis
- Ability to generate design of experiments (DOE) documentation and execute the plan(s) associated with them
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in TF Calc, Optilayer, Essential McLeod, or other thin film modeling packages
- Two or more years’ experience in manufacturing Process Engineering
- Experience in a 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in sputtering film technologies and magnetron sputtering in a production environment.
- Glass coating experience
This role is not eligible for sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf