This job posting is no longer active.
The Associate Director will be an active member of the Koch Real Estate Investments (“KREI”) team. KREI is the real estate investment arm of Koch Industries. KREI makes financial investments across real estate asset classes and operating companies with flexibility to invest throughout the capital stack. KREI’s investment activities seek to generate appropriate risk-adjusted returns. The Associate Director will be responsible for assisting in underwriting, diligence and structuring new real estate opportunities in the US and abroad, and asset management of existing investments.
KII, the parent company of KREI, is the second largest privately held company in the US with over $115 billion in revenue. This position will be located in Dallas, TX.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Assist in responsibility for the underwriting, financial modeling, diligence, and internal memo preparation for real estate investments.
- Run diligence process for new investments and work alongside team to negotiate, structure, finance, and close asset and operating company investments.
- Assist in financial analysis and tracking of operational performance of the existing portfolio to identify trends and opportunities.
- Track portfolio operating results on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. Complete cash flow forecasts or other analysis as needed for strategic decision making concerning individual assets.
- Track market conditions and performance in relation to current portfolio performance
- Prepare standard and ad hoc reports and presentations to facilitate communication and transparency as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of the real estate industry and global capital markets by monitoring current financial publications, as well as leveraging personal contacts with outside research/industry professionals and conducting ad hoc research as necessary.
- Develop the ability to lead complicated, structured transactions from start-to-finish, including presenting to management with a deal level recommendation.
- Develop personal skill set to screen, diligence, and model public and private corporate opportunities.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Self-starter, highly focused, ability to work independently and lead investment diligence and underwriting
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Collaborative and team player
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative, and ability to think outside the box
- Integrity and a strong sense of ethics
- Strong financial modeling skills, including operating company and structured capital underwriting
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience in real estate investment banking, private equity, or corporate M&A
- Hands on transactional due diligence and closing experience
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Demonstrated analytical and financial modeling capability real estate assets, operating companies and structured capital investments
- Experience in preparing operating memorandums and/or detailed valuation presentations
- Bachelor's degree
- Understanding of real estate debt and equity markets
- Position will not be eligible for VISA Sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate Finance or Business-related field
- Ability to lead the acquisition of real estate properties, structured securities, and operating companies from start to finish
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.