Koch-Glitsch UK is looking for an experienced Chemical Engineer with strong technical and interpersonal skills to join our group based in Stoke-on-Trent in the UK. You will be working with a group of engineers in a dynamic, fast-paced modern office-based environment that requires you to design and sell technical solutions to customers in Northern Europe and South Africa.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Review of enquiries generated by sales team.
- Preparation of proposals, including hydraulic design and estimation of trays, packings & internals, and writing of quotations.
- Liaising with external sales to ensure most suitable equipment is quoted to customer within acceptable time frame and support the sales team in the market with customer visits.
- Ensuring full compliance with relevant regulations/legislations.
- Preparation of targeted Simulations Work with major customers, licensors and contractors to ensure Koch Glitsch products are specified.
- Providing process and hydraulic trouble shooting services to customers.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in chemical engineering
- Proven working engineering experience in a refinery or in a plant producing petrochemicals or from a technical proposal role
- Ability to develop technical solutions and articulate them to customers
- Demonstrated customer focus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Full UK driving license
- Availability for business travelling, including overseas trips (approx. 10%).
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ability to work in a European team of highly technical people
- Ability to perform process simulations using PRO II will be an advantage
- Ability and desire to work in a technical sales environment.