Reliability Engineer - Optical Solutions
Molex possesses a rich heritage in the optical industry. We provide the highest performing and field-proven wavelength management solutions from components, modules to integrated line-cards. Continuous innovation in passive component function integration, miniaturization, and manufacturing automation, cutting edge WSS and amplifier technology and comprehensive optical, mechanical, electrical and software integration capabilities enable us to serve the needs of high-density, high-bandwidth, and flexible optical networks.
In Bridgewater, we serve global clients in telecom and datacom industries in providing next generation optical modules to support 5G Networks.
We are looking for a Reliability Engineer that will make an impact through hands on module troubleshooting and multi-disciplinary interactions. This engineer will work collaboratively with others on analysis of stress testing results to find the best solution to improve our modules.
The Reliability Engineer will collaborate with Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Service, and Marketing to define and establish product portfolio reliability targets and ensure that reliability best practices are integral to hardware and software new product designs. In addition, the Reliability Engineer will lead efforts to collect, analyze and report on component, subsystem, and systems reliability performance metrics.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with customers and vendors to define and manage Telcordia-based qualification programs for optical and optoelectronic hardware, up to the line card level
- Conduct failure mode analyses on optical and opto-electronic components
- Drive system and subsystem assessments and predictions during design
- Lead tooling, fixture, and data gathering initiatives to facilitate the collection of reliability data
- Implement reliability qualification tests to validate predictions
- Develop and author system- and component-level reliability test strategies, plans, protocols, and reports
- Identify and lead the design and validation of reliability test fixtures and data acquisition/analysis tools
- Conduct experiments to assess failure modes and vulnerabilities of WSS’s, addressing both industry standard test protocols (Telcordia) and the use of the modules in aggressive real-world conditions
- Coordinate test and measurement schedules for reliability tests
- Evaluate reliability risks associated with structures, optical mounts, parts, materials, and adhesives that are used in manufacturing and determine corrective actions
*Relocation will be included
*Ability for flexibility to work from home
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline
- Experience defining, reviewing, approving and conducting qualification plans for optical and opto-electronic component
- Experience in failure mode analyses on optical and optoelectronic components
- Experience in defining quality levels and reliability tests for electronic components and PCB’s
- Experience in reliability techniques, principles and practices
What will put ahead:
- Master’s or PhD
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf