Fiber Handler / General Technician - Rincon, GA
Our Savannah River Mill, Consumer Products facility in Rincon, GA has immediate openings for Fiber Handlers / General Technician. This entry level position starts with an hourly rate of $18.00 per hour with a competitive benefits package. This position works a 12-hour rotating shift which includes weekends and holidays.
Fiber Handler / General Tech support the Pulp Processing Department. This is a great opportunity to gain more knowledge about manufacturing and start a rewarding career with our company.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operating equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Operating mobile equipment to transfer product
- Troubleshooting minor machine malfunctions and making machine adjustments
- Executing entry-level maintenance on auxiliary equipment such as lubrication tasks or conveyor maintenance
- Performing equipment changeovers
- Performing general housekeeping duties to ensure a safe and orderly environment
- Performing repetitive and physically demanding tasks to include lifting, pushing/pulling up to 50lbs, gripping, reaching, sitting, walking, standing, bending
- Climbing ladders/stairs and working in high and/or confined spaces
- Working around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substances
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment as required by specific jobs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a team
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) or more years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- One (1) or more years of forklift experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com