Vice President Data Platforms & Services
Make the world smarter, safer, and better for everyone. At Molex, we’re a global team of innovators who design and create solutions for businesses where data, technology and the complex electronic solutions that harness them are being transformed by rapid change. We are seeking a visionary leader as a Vice President, Data Platforms & Services to champion data as strategic assets and is expected to be a master change agent in building the critical foundations of digital technology enabling business. This opportunity will include oversight of building out the data fabric enabling a composable landscape.
The ideal candidate will have experience shepherding data strategy by defining an operating model that fosters a data driven culture. This candidate will be able to enable all forms of business outcomes through envisioning data-enabled strategies and establishing data governance. He/She will develop organizational skills and competencies required to build and modernize data platforms essential for Molex’s digital transformation.
What You Will Do In Your Role
This role will provide various fulfilling and challenging responsibilities and tasks. At a high level, responsibilities can be summarized below, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Enable data-driven insights that help support the exploitation of strategic and tactical business opportunities
- Work with executives to establish the vision for managing data as a business asset
- Develop methods to ensure consistent support of analytics
- Establish the governance of data and algorithms used for analysis, analytical applications and automated decision making
- Define data strategy practices
- Lead the creation (and assure the ongoing relevance) of the firm’s data strategy in collaboration with Senior Leadership
- Institute an enterprise operating model that is consistent with the capabilities and competencies required to execute on data strategy
- Oversee the development and deployment of the enterprise’s data and analytics platform for digital business
- Lead research, strategy creation and development of new data products or services
- Expand the organization’s research and analytics offerings, especially in emerging technologies, focusing them on digital business innovation
- Foster the creation of a data-driven culture, related competencies, and data literacy across the enterprise
- Identify new kinds, types, and sources of data to enable business innovation throughout the organization
- Create and oversee a centralized service for sourcing external data to ensure quality, traceability, timeliness, usability, and cost-effectiveness
- Define processes for the effective, integrated introduction of new data
The Experience You Will Bring
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, data science, information science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of business experience, ideally in business management, legal, financial or information or IT management
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts
- Experience in integrating complex, cross-corporate processes, information strategies, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards
- Expert knowledge of technology at the intersection of services and software
- Deep understanding of data and modern architecture, and tools in support of monetization
- Working knowledge of data governance, regulatory compliance, and privacy policies and best practices within manufacturing and regulated product sales
- Demonstrated experience in business planning and analysis with previous experience partnering with human resources, information technology, and legal functions
- Experience multitasking, setting priorities and working within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Experience guiding investment in people and systems
- Experience collaborating and influencing, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team and navigate enterprise politics and matrixed relationships
- Experience translating vision, strategy, and complex data into practical, actionable terms relatable to all levels of the organization and stakeholders
What Will Put You Ahead
- Academic qualification or professional training and experience in legal and regulatory areas are also desirable
- Broad business experience and within industries relative to Molex
- Strategy and management consulting experience
- Strong understanding of manufacturing systems and or experience working within manufacturing
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf