Saw Operator I
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion continues to grow their Tulsa, Oklahoma manufacturing facility into a world class operation. We are now hiring for a Saw Operator I on 2nd Shift.
We are recognized for safety, environmental excellence, innovation, and customer service. This is a great opportunity for an individual to be part of an operative team and gain experience with a well-established and growing manufacturing and test facility.
Contributions in this role will include understanding and meeting safety expectations, meeting quality and production expectations, and assisting in continuous improvement in housekeeping.
Good performance will be defined as being able to produce parts safely and consistently at a level comparable to others in the same role.
This role is Monday – Thursday 3:30pm – 2:00am
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Set up and Operate saws to cut, miter, and trim all types of material or work pieces according to specifications
- Install blades on machines when needed
- Set controls to adjust speed, feed rate, and blade tensions
- Position guides, stops, holding blocks, or other fixtures to secure and direct work piece, using hand tools and measuring devices
- Load material on saws manually or using hoist
- Verify dimensions of finished work piece, using tape measures or other devices
- Operate 2 HEM SAW and DoALL Saws
- Complete paperwork for material cut and amounts for inventory to be returned to stock
- Routinely able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Work overtime and weekends as necessary
- Work in a noisy industrial environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in the set-up and operation of horizontal band saws and Ridgid threading machines
- Experience using measuring tools, such as a tape measure, calipers, and square
- Familiarity with the use of chains, cables, and slings for rigging
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge and/or experience with the setup and operation of the BLM 863VGP tube bending machine
- Experience with mitering of material
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf