Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Reliability Engineer to join our Alabama River Cellulose team in Perdue Hill, Alabama. The Reliability Engineer will be responsible for continuously looking for opportunities to increase reliability and uptime, striving for 100% in assigned areas.
This position requires a highly motived individual who enjoys working in a multi-faceted environment. The individual will be expected to support Operational and Maintenance personnel while adhering to a safe and environmentally responsible work environment. This position will require team skills, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate should also have a strong sense of personal drive, a desire to develop expertise, and the ability to work without constant supervision.
The Reliability Engineer will primarily create value by driving increased production and uptime through the use of reliability tools and processes, including Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA). This position will also be expected to provide technical and engineering support and troubleshooting advice to maintenance and various operational areas. Long-term value is created through the application of the company’s business philosophy of Market-Based Management®.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Participate in and support in all areas to meet Environmental, Health & Safety excellence
- Provide support to operational areas with emphasis on short and long-term reliability improvements
- Provide leadership to drive continuous improvement with asset and site reliability
- Participate in / lead FMEA/ RCFA efforts to identify root causes of complex and/or repetitive problems and put in place executable corrective actions
- Develop, implement and support preventative and predictive maintenance strategies for new and existing equipment (vibration analysis, lubrication program, oil analysis, ultrasonic, infrared, NDT, thermography, MCE testing, and precision maintenance)
- Review plans for new equipment and contribute to the Design for Reliability process by validating reliability and maintainability of the systems
- Support implementation of reliability processes aimed at developing skilled maintenance and operating personnel who operate with a reliability-centric mindset
- Analyze operational data, KPIs, OEE, etc. to identify gaps and areas of potential improvement
- Work with other Reliability Engineers to share knowledge and gain expertise in development of mill wide reliability strategies
- Actively participate in design and implementation of Asset Improvement Strategies for systems to improve production and uptime
- Strong communication, both oral and written
- Adaptability and willingness to learn
The Experience You Will Bring
- Reliability experience in a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Working knowledge of predictive maintenance technologies and preventative maintenance systems, including vibration analysis, lubrication practices, and/or ultra-sonic monitoring
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
- What Will Put You Ahead
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years’ experience working in a Reliability discipline
- Pulp and Paper industry experience
- Recaust/kiln experience
- Certification or continued education in reliability applications, practices, and management
- Knowledge of or experience with Reliability Improvement tools (Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Preventative/Predictive maintenance, KPIs
- Six Sigma experience or certification
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf