Process Assembly Engineer
Supercomputers. Smartphones. Self-driving cars. You’ll find our innovation inside the technology that’s transforming our world and improving lives. We’re a team of 50,000 people in over 40 countries, united in our values and beliefs and part of Koch Industries - one of the world’s largest privately held businesses - giving you access to opportunities across a diverse set of companies, markets and geographies. Every day we strive to innovate, improve and transform ourselves in order to create greater value for the company, our customers and society. Get ready for new challenges and new experiences.
Within Operations, in the Process Engineering Group of the plant, the Process Assembly Engineer has responsibility to guarantee efficiency, stability and quality level of the assembly processes assigned and to sustain the improvement actions.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support daily issues in production, where team working is a focus for increase efficiency on the assembly lines driving operators, mechanics and maintenance operators
- Monitoring process, defining KPI in order to keep process under control: all Cpk’s need to be monitored and corrective action take if necessary. Support continuous improvements in production processes to reduce scraps, sorting and reworking as well as stops of production for missing quality requirements.
- Identify potential root cause of failure and defect escaped assembly process; will define and realize improvement actions.
- Drive and update the PFMEA process under his\her responsibility
- Maintain updated the technical process documentation (process sheet, Work instruction; check list, maintenance plan, …)
- Work with safety manager to define, for each equipment\tool, safety specification. Verify it during debug and prepare the operator safety check list for mass production
- Optimize production process to reduce COPQ and improve efficiency production (POEE)
- Define the process parameters and the controls needed. Train operators on the assembly process under his\her responsibility, embracing zero defect culture.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Proven experience in a process engineer role (technology or manufacturing), preferably in the Automotive Industrial sector or connector producer.
- Engineering Degree preferred, with focus on Automation, Mechatronic, Electrical or similar engineering degree preferred.
- Good level of English spoken and written, and Italian mother tongue
- Good knowledge of automatic assembly line, robots, electric and camera controls
- Ability to problem solving discipline, either technical or procedural.
- Automotive standards knowledge is a plus (IATF, PFMEA, 8D, DOE, 5S, DMF, etc.).
- Kaizen, Kanban and Lean Manufacturing knowledge is a plus
- On field experience required (Direct experience on production department is preferred)
- Good communication, negotiation and team working skills.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Passioned for technological challenges, with sense of urgency approach, focused on achieving targets and ability to growth the other resources of the team.
- Help drive change and be accepting of change with an entrepreneurial mentality