Technical Support Engineer/ Applications Engineer
Guardian is a diversified global manufacturing company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, with leading positions in float glass and fabricated glass products for commercial, residential and transportation applications; automotive trim; and the distribution of building products. Through its research and development centers (Science & Technology Center for glass and Advanced Development Center for automotive), Guardian is at the forefront of innovation. Its automotive trim group, SRG Global, is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of chrome-plated plastic parts for the automotive, commercial truck and consumer goods industries. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 18,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing technical calculation and consultation support to Guardian’s direct and indirect customers regarding possible glazing solutions for architectural projects. This involves primarily glass type and thickness recommendations comprising of the following typical subtasks:
- Mechanical stress / static calculations,
- Thermal stress analysis,
- Spectrophotometric calculation,
- Estimation of acoustic performance, using the relevant software and the applicable European Norms.
- Coordination with the responsible Commercial colleagues and other Technical Services team members about the results of the calculations.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Affinity to technical matters. Educational background in architecture, engineering or other technical fields is an advantage.
- Attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good time management and prioritization.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Proficiency in written & spoken English and French or German or Spanish language.
- Knowledge of any other European language is an advantage.