This job posting is no longer active.
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers, and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at www.INVISTA.com.
About The Role
Invista is currently looking for candidates who want to create long term value, who are not afraid to challenge the status quo, and who want to find fulfillment in what they do. If this sounds like you, then we invite you to apply for our Transportation Specialist role and join our Polypropylene commercial logistics team at our headquarters in Wichita, KS. In this role, you will be responsible for the coordination of transportation to meet customers required delivery schedules.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Utilize customer & carrier knowledge to ensure customer orders are fulfilled on time utilizing the most cost-effective mode of transportation, Terminal origin, Inventory, and Carrier.
- Provide superior service to ensure Invista is a preferred partner to our customers, terminals, and carrier base
- Apply decision making and problem-solving skills to resolve in-route delays/exceptions or unplanned events that could potentially impact the customer
- Work with business leads, logistics specialist, and accounting to challenge current cost-to-serve framework and participate in "what if" analysis
- Resolve warehouse and carrier services issues and escalate internally when necessary; analyze carrier performance defined by KPI's
- Optimize carrier asset utilization and proactively identify gaps to prevent any delays to customer/terminal
- Embrace change by increasing knowledge of emerging technologies, actively experimenting, and improving processes
- Collaborate across multiple groups and capabilities to improve customer experience
The Experience You Will Bring
A Successful Applicant Will Have The Following Characteristics:
- Exhibit strong problem solving, and decision making in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize day to day and longer-term responsibilities
- Work well in a team environment
- Attention to detail/excellent follow through
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, OR Supply Chain
- At least 1 year of experience working in a corporate, procurement, or manufacturing environment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (i.e. spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formulas creation etc.) and MS Word (document creation, formatting and editing etc.)
- Experience using analytics to solve problems
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 3 years of experience in a corporate environment
- Experience scheduling products or within transportation industry
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Power BI, Tableau, or other data visualization platform
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.