Hot End Supervisor
Looking for a career path? Guardian Glass in Corsicana, TX is looking for a Hot End Supervisor. There is serious room for advancement from this role for the right individual interested in developing an outstanding career! Guardian Industries Corporation is searching for motivated leaders with strong relationship skills, proven track records of success and increased responsibility, who are committed to excellence.
This position relies on your ability to provide outstanding direct leadership for a team of 12 +/- production employees while working a rotating shift schedule, which has you working only 14 days out of every 28 day cycle. Responsibilities will include leading employees and driving improvements in the areas of safety, productivity, efficiency, production, and quality in their assigned area.
This position gives you a real opportunity to show your talents to achieve manufacturing excellence by establishing and communicating goals, coaching, evaluating performance and developing others to improve their performance. The Hot End Supervisor position is the primary step into a management career with Guardian Industries.
Guardian is a diversified global manufacturing company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, with leading positions in float glass and fabricated glass products for commercial, residential and transportation applications; automotive trim; and the distribution of building products. Through its research and development centers (Science & Technology Center for glass and Advanced Development Center for automotive), Guardian is at the forefront of innovation. Its automotive trim group, SRG Global, is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of chrome-plated plastic parts for the automotive, commercial truck and consumer goods industries. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 18,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide leadership and direction for the safety of all employees and visitors to the facility
- Lead, track and improve performance on key location goals and objectives that create the greatest value
- Encourage and develop employees to improve their individual and organizational performance and practice a principled entrepreneurship approach.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for direct reports and ensuring the application of the individual performance development cycle.
- Lead performance management and corrective action processes for employees.
- Continuously improve plant performance through process improvements and lean manufacturing techniques that create ongoing business transformation
- Maintain our plant’s union-free status through the use of positive employee relations and development
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Sales, Scheduling, Warehouse, Shipping, etc.), to optimize production requirements
- Work with upstream and downstream processes (and people), to exceed customer expectations
- Help employees improve and advance to create an environment of the greatest possible chance for success
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two (2) or more years of experience with leaders others to achieve results
- Willingness to work a 12-hour rotating shift schedule
- Demonstrated ability to isolate and solve problems
- Proven ability to build cooperative relationships across various functions / crews / areas
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five (5) or more years of experience with leaders others to achieve results
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf