Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is an engineering/construction company headquarter in Katy, TX with an expertise in the natural gas, natural gas liquids, and petrochemical industries. OPD is part of the larger Koch Engineered solutions and organization which provides a variety of capabilities across many industries. Originally incorporated in 1980, OPD has developed a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and ability to successfully execute projects. OPD has a key advantage in being able to supply construction services as well as engineering/procurement. This enables clients to have a “one stop shop” for the overall project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential interface problems. OPD’s industry experience, flexibility, and personal attention have made us preferred partner to our customers and our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere makes OPD a great place to work.
The jobsite is in Baytown, TX has an opening for a Expediter.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Issue parts from inventory stores and stage with appropriate jobs.
Issue materials to the production floor, as scheduled.
Report overdue or short parts to appropriate personnel.
Actively expedite replacement of missing and/or rejected parts.
- Keep records of items shipped, received, or transferred to another location
- Compile reports on various changes in production or inventory
- Organize the assembly, distribution, or delivery of goods to meet production schedules
- Prepare materials for shipping by labeling or checking packages
- Examine products for damage or defects
- Check inventory records for accuracy
- Follow OPD safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in onsite safety meetings.
- Recognize and anticipate potential safety hazards.
- Set examples of good morale and proper attitude to all employees.
- Be dependable, arrive at the job site on time prepared for the safety meeting, and prepared for work.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Capable of physical activities requiring working in difficult working environments which require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching and bending.
- At least 2 or more years of previous experience as an Expediter, or similar role.
- Capable of standing for extended periods of time – Up to 10 hours per day. Breaks are given in 2.5 hr intervals
- Capable of reading piping drawings, and isometrics
- Skilled knowledge concerning pipe fittings, bolts, valves etc. as required.
- Capable of reading civil drawings
- Capable of reading structural drawings, and equipment drawings
- Capable of identifying materials required for the project and checking into system
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations. Capable of working on sites with muddy and or snowy conditions.
- Must be able to work as a team
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience in a gas plant construction environment.
- 3+ years of previous relevant experience.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf