Georgia-Pacific Wood and Fiber Supply (W&FS), LLC is key to ensuring that GP's 80+ mills maintain a constant flow of logs, wood fiber and chips. W&FS sources its wood from private lands owned by industrial, institutional, or individual landowners. We are seeking a Regional Business Analyst for the Wood & Fiber Supply Group located in Atlanta, GA to support the analytical needs of the chip mill operations team. This position will interact with Regional Managers and the Divisional Analytics Team. A successful candidate will be a self-starting individual that demonstrates innovation and a sense of urgency towards evaluating business opportunities
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Learning and understanding the Georgia-Pacific Wood & Fiber Supply commodity trading business
- Using descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive advanced analytics, creating metrics, and sharing knowledge with decision makers
- Utilizing optimization software to drive strategic goals creating value for our business partners by attaining an optimal plan
- Driving collaborative discussions across the regions to gain and share knowledge and identify innovation opportunities
- Establishing and managing timelines, project priorities, and strategic initiatives
- Work with W&FS Controller Organization to ensure timely month end closing for Chip mills
- Analyze operational performance providing insight for improvement opportunities
- Manage Capital investment tracking system
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience with creating metrics and measuring business performance
- Microsoft Office experience including: Excel skills (creating formulas, using pivot tables, and manipulating spreadsheets), Word (creating and editing documents) and PowerPoint (creating and editing presentations)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business (economics, finance, management, accounting)
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Experience supporting wood procurement operations
- GPS and GIS background
- Familiarity with Accounting processes and terminology
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf