Process Engineer - Sign On Bonus
~~~$10,000 Sign On Bonus~~~
~~~Eligible for Relocation Assistance~~~
The successful candidate will be provided a $10,000 signing bonus after starting the new role. External candidates and internal Koch company employees moving to the new location when hired are considered eligible.
Georgia-Pacific's Containerboard division is seeking qualified professionals to consider for their Process Engineer opportunity supporting our Linerboard and Medium production within our Big Island manufacturing operation located in Big Island, Virginia. The individual in this role will be responsible for supporting the pulping, recycle, paper machine and utilities operating teams to optimize processes and maximize value creation. This includes leading process improvement initiatives, troubleshooting process upsets, support of routine outages, and completing routine process testing. This role reports to the Process Engineering Group Leader, with frequent collaboration with the Mill Quality department and corporate engineering resources. Partnership with the following stakeholders will enable the Process Engineer to be successful in this role: Purchasing; Operations, Receiving; Project Engineering; Process Control; Mill Product Stewardship; Mill Quality; Safety; Maintenance and Senior Operations Leadership. Our culture is defined by the Market-Based Management® philosophy which guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work closely with area operations and management to find opportunities to improve productivity, minimize cost and reduce process variability in a team atmosphere
- Champion capital projects in the area to innovate technology
- Increase operator knowledge of processes
- Continually build relationships with operators and management to enable knowledge sharing that may uncover the best alternative to a problem
- Perform routine testing of key process variables to ensure online process instrumentation accuracy
- Make appropriate recommendations to facilitate continuous improvement
- Work with corporate resources to statistically analyze processes to develop and sustain optimal operating envelopes
- Support the Quality Manager and Quality Engineer to troubleshoot potential customer issues and provide back-up support for paper testing labs
- Manage chemical and process changes and/or trials
- Mentor co-op and intern engineers
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Three (3) or more years of experience in the Pulp and Paper Industry
- Experience leading an initiative within the operation and working through others to accomplish goals
- Experience utilizing data analysis tools to drive decision making
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Pulp and Paper Science or Chemical Engineering
- Experience applying technical training and development within a manufacturing operation
- Experience presenting technical information to a diverse audience
GP's Big Island, VA containerboard mill produces the paper used to make boxes. Half of the production is made from 100% recycle fiber and the other half uses about 25% recycle fiber. In 2015, a $50 million upgrade enabled the production of a higher return product. The mill employs approximately 330 people and approximately 90 of those are salaried employees. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
Mill employees live in many of the surrounding areas including Lynchburg, Bedford, Amherst County, and Big Island. The Blue Ridge Mountains, James River, and Smith Mountain Lake provide some of the best outdoor recreation in the U.S. You can drive to the Virginia and North Carolina coasts within 5 hours. There are three airports within a one-hour drive. Area schools are excellent. Two ACC schools, UVA and Va. Tech, are within 2-hour’s drive. Lynchburg is home to Liberty U., U. of Lynchburg, and Randolph College.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf