Process Engineer -Food
RELCO is seeking a Process Engineer with a focus on non-dairy drying to join to our engineering team. This position is responsible for coordinating and commissioning customer projects as assigned. This role entails up to 40% travel to customer sites as well as RELCO sites in Wilmar, MN and Stratford, WI as needed. This role is open to remote US based candidates, based on experience. This position is not eligible for VISA Sponsorship.
RELCO, a Koch Separation Solutions (KSS) company, is based in the Midwest region of the United States – the heartland of dairy and cheese. As an industry leader in evaporation, drying, cheesemaking equipment, and powder handling & packaging technologies, the acquisition of RELCO in November 2020 enhanced our capabilities and solutions offering in the food and dairy industries. RELCO also held a strong presence in Brazil, New Zealand, and the Netherlands, allowing KSS to connect with manufacturers around the world and provide integrated, complete process solutions through the combined power of evaporator, dryer, and membrane filtration technologies.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform and/or approve engineering calculations and document them for drying systems and/or components designed
- Coordinate engineering activities as needed with Sales and Estimating Engineers in the design of potential drying projects
- Direct on-site commissioning of process equipment
- Approve project Process and Instrumentation Drawings and General Arrangement Drawings
- Prepare Functional Descriptions of the drying system for use by the automation group to program the controls system
- Read and approve the Sales Engineer’s quotation/contract as it pertains to process operation and scope of supply
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in dairy or food industry
- Experience working on or designing drying systems
- Fluent in Microsoft Office in a business environment
- Ability to travel 40%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Food Technology, Dairy Science, or Chemistry
- 5+ years’ experience in non-dairy products such as (but not limited to) plant-based proteins, plasma, collagen, eggs, and others
- Experience designing bussel, wide-body, and box type dryers
- Ability to create the calculations or modeling required to design and size drying systems
Koch Engineered Solutions, part of the Koch Industries family of companies, is a dynamic network of businesses that work together to create an ecosystem of domain expertise. Increasing operational efficiency and safety. Reducing waste and emissions. The manufacturing challenges of today aren’t just about improving performance or practicing environmental stewardship, such as managing water and waste, reducing carbon emissions, and increasing energy efficiency. They are about doing both, but better. That’s where you come in. We are a people company. It’s our people who bring the domain expertise and engineered solutions to our customers. Join our ranks and change the world.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf