Data Scientist / Sr. Data Scientist (Hybrid)
This job posting is no longer active.
Guardian has an immediate opening for a Data Scientist / Sr. Data Scientist. This role has potential to be hybrid/remote-based with expected travel to our Science & Technology Center in Carleton, MI approximately 1-4 times per quarter. Come join a growing team dedicated to identifying, developing, refining, and deploying data science solutions in glass making, coating processes, and business forecasting.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Use machine learning techniques to gain and share new insights, develop predictive tools, and improve process control and predictability
- Working closely with key stakeholders and data engineers to efficiently identify and implement improvements to data infrastructure for downstream analytics needs
- Determine the right models to use for various process applications from ideation, proof-of-concept through design of applications, as well as monitor and improve deployed operational-real-time models
- Keep Guardian current with state-of-the-art machine learning software and hardware in the cloud and on-premise and pursue continuous self-training and train others across the organization.
- Gain exposure and growth while showcasing your results to key stakeholders in the business and demonstrating the superior value of your work
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelors degree or higher
Two (2) or more years' professional experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience applying machine learning using a formal programming language
- Model Deployment Experience
- Model Explanability Experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ph.D. degree in a quantitative field (Data Science, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Operational Research, Economics, or equivalent)
- Computer vision experience
- Working knowledge of glass manufacturing processes and/or vacuum coating
- Experience in process operations analytics and manufacturing optimization
- Knowledge of tools such as Spark, Hadoop, Pig, Kafka, Kinesis, Docker, Snowflake, Amazon SageMaker, AWS, Azure
- Knowledge in FinTech
- Experience with UI/UX
Our group of highly skilled, enthusiastic data scientists and operations research engineers are redefining what's possible for Guardian by utilizing the massive amount of process data to transform operations and research and development. We invest in our team by encouraging attendance at industry conferences and ongoing education opportunities enabling them to stay on the dynamic ever-changing data science landscape and bring new methods and techniques to their projects.
Global Data & Analytics Group is a cross-functional team within the Process Research group at Guardian Glass. We are on the front lines of projects that impact the operations and business of Guardian Industries manufacturing assets. We employ Machine Learning, Artificial intelligence, Optimization, Process Engineering, and IoT technologies to improve efficiency of Guardian’s manufacturing processes. Examples of the challenges our group tackle are opportunities to optimize the existing operations, work closely with process research and operations teams to determine what process settings drive certain manufacturing results and to improve operations or predict future behaviors of product as it moves through the manufacturing. GD&A group is that focuses on applying advanced quantitative methods to solve a wide variety of challenging operations problems.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.