Are you looking for a position with a company that values growth from within? Are you looking for a career rather than a job? Do you enjoy working in a team environment to meet production and quality goals? Georgia-Pacific's Leominster, MA facility is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Shift Supervisor in our injection molding operation. The selected candidate will be responsible for leading a team in the production of cutlery and will directly supervise automation operators and production associates to create long-term value for Georgia-Pacific.
Georgia-Pacific’s Leominster, MA facility uses state of the art technology to manufacture Dixie® cutlery. Dixie® is a brand of choice and is widely used in homes and businesses across the country. Backgrounds that may fit our roles include: Manufacturing, Industrial, Factory, Plant, Plastics, Injection Molding.
GP employees are committed to compliance, safety, and health excellence, while achieving an injury free workplace. This is an exciting leadership role with room for growth and advancement. This position will be a flexible12-hour work schedule, working both days and nights including holidays, weekends and overtime as needed, providing vacation coverage for other Shift Supervisors. This position starts at $25 per hour + shift differential and includes a $1000 sign-on bonus, paid on hire.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Plans and manages daily shift operations, including crewing of employees, providing direction, responding to machines going down and reallocating resources to achieve production goals
- Ensures high quality of products, housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained
- Understands and adheres to internal and external regulations, policies & procedures
- Completes shift communication logs and all paperwork in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintains accurate time and attendance records, production counts, cycle standards, reportable downtime, and crew reports
- Supports training and development initiatives
- Collaborates and knowledge shares with other departments across facility to ensure success of operational goals
- Demonstrates a strong commitment toward health, welfare and safety of all employees and enforces safe work practices
- Writes and delivers performance reviews to all employees on their shift
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) or more years of demonstrated leadership with positive results in a manufacturing or military environment
- Read, write and speak English fluently
- Experience using on a computer in a work environment, including familiarity with Microsoft Office
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Experience working on injection molding machines and automation
- Experience with molding/plastics manufacturing operations
- Experience with safe work practices and Root Cause Analysis techniques
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com